- A company on Mars, MarsVantage, needs an archaeologist to decipher symbols on a Mars cave wall.
- MarsVantage is in competition with Peter Konklin Interplanetary, an Earth-based company.
- Interplanetary is very powerful and cozy with the government, and, together, they aim to put MarsVantage out of business.
- The archaeologist, Gretchen Blake, has been blackballed in the field because she disagreed over the meaning of a dig’s artifacts.
- MarsVantage’s employee, Frank Brentford, who needs the archaeologist, is also a member of a secret organization called the Knowledge Keepers.
- Frank believes the symbols are a means to capitalize on energy-producing crystals, which will drastically reduce MarsVantage’s energy imports.
- Frank recently broke off his relationship with Erin because she didn’t wish to marry.
- Gretchen’s husband didn’t renew their marriage contract.
- Interplanetary has at least one spy within MarsVantage providing information.
I’m interested in many things, from Mars to space travel, music to books, movies to creating my own stories. My sci-fi novel, The Music of Mars, is available now.